RAW Charging is a company at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution, an established name in renewable energy we are a company with an ethos based on sustainability. With exciting plans to grow our team on the horizon we are looking for like-minded individuals to come on board.
ROLE: Grid Connections Specialist
REPORTING TO: Project Deployment Manager
This is a role with a focus on process rather than a strong technical requirement and will involve:
- obtaining and managing the electrical grid connection applications for the charging stations, the grid connections will be sourced through several intermediatory contractors and suppliers.
- regular dialogue with the various parties to ensure a timely response to the application enquiries
- The provision of pricing and connection designs and the execution of documents prior to the installation being instructed.
- The management of multiple connection offers simultaneously with numerous counterparties
- Ensuring that status updates are maintained on the shared project hosting system
- Maintaining and updating the central, company cloud-based management system for tracking and recording the process of each connection from enquiry through to contract execution.
Desirable skills and experience:
The post holder does not require any specialist prior EV sector experience however the following would be an advantage:
- Construction industry related experience
- Experience of working on grid connections for developers or contractors in the EV charging, solar or other similar sectors
- Experience of either client side specifying, procuring, and managing small-scale projects or for a small or medium-sized contractor delivering small to medium-sized projects
- Conversant with construction sector procurement and control systems and procedures
The right candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong numerously and literacy skills
- Be competent with full Microsoft office suite of programs
- Possess a desire for the development of systems, processes and controls
- Adopt a collaborative, project orientated approach.
- Have the ability to communicate with, and manage the output from multiple third-party contractors and suppliers
- Be organised and self-disciplined
- Be able to adapt to working within a team of other sector and non-sector specialists
- Be a self-starter by nature , able to operate successfully whilst working away from immediate line management
***All potential candidates must have and be able to prove their right to work in the UK***
We will offer:
- Competitive salary of £25k – £30k dependent on experience.
- 22 days holiday plus statutory holidays per year.
- Central London base – remote working options considered.