RAW Charging and Aviva Investors announce EV charging partnership for UK real estate portfolio
RAW Charging and Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc, have today announced the launch of a partnership to install Electric Vehicle Charging facilities across Aviva Investors’ UK real estate portfolio.
- RAW will install and operate EV charging equipment for Aviva Investors at over 60 sites in the UK, including retail, commercial and industrial assets in the Aviva Investors managed portfolio
- 21 charging points have already been installed at six sites, with a further 16 sites in the immediate 2021 pipeline
- An additional 240 locations have been identified as having the potential for RAW-installed and managed chargers to be added over the medium term
- Each site will be equipped with a mix of AC Fast Chargers and DC Rapid Chargers where appropriate, allowing Aviva Investors customers to charge their electric vehicles while they are at the premises.
- RAW will install the first fully funded charging facility at the Crown Point Shopping Centre in Leeds, which will be available for use late 2021.
With an estimated 35% of drivers needing to charge their EVs away from home, EV charging infrastructure is a valuable amenity in futureproofing work leisure and domestic locations across the country. RAW’s partnership with Aviva Investors is delivering charging solutions to EV owners across the UK and is supporting the UK Government’s transition away from diesel and petrol cars ahead of their ban in 2030.
The partnership aligns with Aviva Investors’ commitment to achieving net zero emissions across the whole of its Real Assets platform announced in January, and which represents over £50 billion of asset under management. Two of the measurable actions to be delivered over the next four years to 2025 are a target to invest in £2.5 billion in low carbon and renewable energy infrastructure and buildings, as well as increasing the low-carbon and renewable energy capacity to 1.5 gigawatts.
The partnership, which will generate long term revenue streams for RAW, builds on its previously announced partnerships with Greene King, in which RAW is installing chargers across 800 managed pubs and hotels; and McArthurGlen, where RAW is installing EV chargers at McArthurGlen Designer Outlets across the UK and Europe.
Bruce Galliford, CEO, RAW Charging, said:
“We are proud to be working with Aviva Investors, and our framework will allow simple delivery of charging infrastructure at scale across their UK managed assets. The installation of chargers will provide a crucial EV charging service to real estate occupiers’ staff and customers, available 24 hours a day. We look forward to a long and successful future with them.”
Ed Dixon, Head of ESG, Real Assets, at Aviva Investors, added:
“We are pleased to be partnering with RAW Charging and delivering hugely-needed infrastructure that can support occupier clients, their staff and visitors in the transition towards a low carbon future. As we continue our journey towards reaching net zero across our Real Assets portfolio by 2040, providing a network of EV charging points futureproofs our assets and aligns with our ambition to lead in the creation of a better and more sustainable economy, whilst encouraging lower carbon behaviours.”