RAW Charging, one of the largest UK providers of electric vehicle charging solutions and infrastructure for the UK’s net zero future, is pleased to announce their largest install of electric vehicle charging to date with McArthurGlen at their designer outlet in Giverny, near Paris.
- 60 chargers have been installed, servicing 120 parking bays, all of which are ChargePoint’s CP6000 AC charging solution making them suitable for all EVs.
- The site includes four disabled charging bays with wider access and six dedicated parent and child bays, making the site easy to use and accessible for all.
- This is the largest installation by RAW Charging to date and is the largest cluster of CP6000’s in the world so far, as well as one of the largest AC charging destinations in Europe.
- The parking spaces are made of natural grass and are surrounded by wildflowers, helping to protect the local habitat and promote wildlife.
- The chargers are powered by a 2.4MWh substation onsite.
The opening of the Paris-Giverny McArthurGlen site marks the largest in RAW’s European portfolio to date. RAW specialises in providing convenient and cost effective EV charging to blue-chip destinations in the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure sectors. RAW’s other major clients include Merlin Entertainments, Greene King pubs, Bespoke hotels and National Trust alongside commercial property owners and developers to transform brownfield land into charging hubs such as the Charge Yard in Slough.
The 60 chargers installed are all 22kW and the site can charge 120 vehicles at once when at full capacity. The new facilities will allow visitors to charge their vehicle whilst shopping at the designer outlet which is just 45 minutes from Paris and offers 100 unique shops. RAW has already installed chargers at McArthurGlen sites in the UK in York and the East Midlands, providing EV charging to 34 bays across both sites.
Last year, RAW announced a successful growth capital fundraise to support its £250 million EV charging installation plans funded by Antin Infrastructure Partners, a leading private equity firm headquartered in France and the UK.
Jason Simpson CEO, RAW Charging, said:
“As a committed Francophile, having spent many years in France, I am absolutely delighted to partner with McArthurGlen to deliver in Giverny our first major European installation and Chargepoint’s largest global installation of CP6000s. McArthurGlen Designer Outlets represent the epitome of our dedication to providing best-in-class EV charging experience to visitors of world class Retail, Hospitality and Leisure destinations.”
Myriem Nieres-Tavernier, General Manager McArthurGlen Paris-Giverny said:
“Our designer outlet McArthurGlen Paris-Giverny has just opened its doors, it covers 20,000m2 of retail space with around 80 shops and 8 restaurants. To welcome our guests, we offer 1,200 car spaces and above all, this is a great first, a car park for electric vehicles with 120 spaces, which will allow our guests to enjoy their shopping while charging their vehicle.
“The McArthurGlen group is pleased to renew its confidence in RAW Charging following a successful collaborations at several UK McArthurGlen sites”